Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Finally...

The NHL will return! Seems like a waste of time to be bitter--true fans will return, just as they did in baseball. The new financial structure seems to hint at the league's realization that it is now a niche in this country. The only possible way for the league to even approach its former popularity in the 80s and early 90s is to hope the offense goes way up and that Sidney Crosby really is the next Gretzky. I'm not sure if I agree with the goals being expanded, but I have no problem with shrinking goalie pads and getting rid of the red line. Of course, the real solution to the scoring woes would be to contract to 16 or so teams, but the owners wouldn't have any of that, would they?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tyler,

If you need help with the site, I'd love to write about hockey. I feel like so much has been done already this offseason and I could write a tome.

Mike M. (you know from jones)

1:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home